*Information updated on 1/29/16
Important Tryout Information
- Please note that NSC is implementing the new USSF birth year changes with the 2016/17 season. Please reference the age matrix below to ensure that your player attends the correct tryout.
- Based on tryout registration numbers, certain age groups may be split into 2 separate tryout sessions (A & B). Instructions on which session to attend (based on player last name) will be provided.
- All prospective players should refer to the Prospective Player Information Packet. PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING A VALID BIRTH CERTIFICATE TO TRYOUTS IF YOU ARE NEW TO NSC OR REGISTERING AS A WALK UP. ALL NEW PLAYERS MUST BRING PROOF OF AGE.
- Please check back prior to tryout day to confirm the time and location of tryouts. All tryout times and locations are subject to change.
- NSC conducts 2 sessions on separate days. Players attending tryouts should plan to attend both days.
- Please register for tryouts in advance via the NYSA website (http://northshoresoccer.org, click on the Parent tab).
- Walk-up registrations are permitted the day of tryouts, however online registration is appreciated
- Tryout Locations: Canyon Park Junior HIgh (CPJH): 23723 23rd Ave SE Bothell 98021, Woodinville Sports Fields (WSF): 17300 131st Ave NE Woodinville 98072, Pop Keeney (PK): 9809 NE 188th St. Bothell 98021
Play Up Guidelines
Birth Year '03, '04, and '05 players are eligible for a skill-based play up following NSC guidelines. Birth year '06 are NOT eligible for a skill-based play up.
Birth Year '02, '01, '99 players are eligible to play up following NSC guidelines. Therefore, an '02 player can play up on an '01 team, an '01 player can play up on an '00 team, and a '99 player can play up on a '98 team. There are no play-downs. Therefore, a '00 team cannot play down on an '01 team and a '98 player cannot play down on a 99 team, etc.